Subject: Re: growing or stretching object over keyframes
From: "cbrotherton" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 28 Jun 1994 12:26:46 PST8PDT

>From:          [email-masked] (Randy Cadwell)
>To:            [email-masked]
>Date:          Tue, 28 Jun 1994 09:59:22 
>Subject:       Re: growing or stretching object over keyframes
>Priority       normal
>Reply-to:      [email-masked]
>
> 
>Yeah, I understand how to do the process but I have had problems with 
>it. First of all the object I was morphing is "U" shaped to fit 
>inside the well. All I did was stretch it out in the modeler and 
>saved it as another object. So I have the same points. I load both 
>the original "u"shaped object which is flat, and then I load the 
>stretched version and move it out of the way. I choose the morph 
>target and begin the process. However, rather than just growing up to 
>become the second object it seems to shrink and twist and then 
>tranform into the other object. At the same time it's location sinks. 
>What the Hell Am I Doing??!!
>
>                  
Sounds like you might have too many key frames for object motion, and might 
not be using the morph envelope correctly.  In the "metamorph level" 
envelope window, set your morph level to move from 0% to 100% over the 
desired number of frames, "use envelope," and set the morph target.  Then, 
make the morph target (the larger plug) your current object, and set "object 
dissolve" to 100%.  That will dissolve the morph target out of the scene, 
and you won't have to worry about moving/keyframing it out of the camera's 
view.  Locate your small plug where you want it, and set just one key frame 
for it (assuming that you want the plug simply to morph, and not to change 
its location.)

You also might want to make sure both objects are planar. 

Hope that helps.
Chuck